TOP SOILS PROJECT
- This project is supported by the East Gippsland CMA through funding from the Australian Government's National Landcare Program and the East Gippsland Landcare Networks.
Research QuestionThe objective of TopSoils is to improve the productive potential of agricultural land and protect the condition of our soil resource, principally by improving soil health and the persistence and quality of ground cover; ultimately improving the Soil Carbon resource. TopSoils is a multi-partner East Gippsland region project that targets extension activities through farmer driven focus groups and demonstration sites.
Research Information & Objectives
What is being done?
Southern Farming Systems is assessing on farm nutrient constraints for pasture and/or crop production through a subtraction or omission fertiliser experiment. Each treatment area receives all the key nutrients being tested except one, to identify what is constraining productivity. Both macro and micro nutrients are being investigated.
- TopSoils Project
- TOPSOILS – Jo Trevaskis Regenerative Farming at Wairewa
- TOPSOILS – Vanessa Ingram-Daniel at Marlo Plains
- TOPSOILS – Peter Honey at Orbost
- TOPSOILS – Emily Richardson at Snowy River
- TOPSOILS – Lou & Rose Maher at Red Gum Plains, Perry Bridge
- TOPSOILS – Ken Stuart at Clifton Creek
- TOPSOILS – Jenny Trail at Woodglen
- TOPSOILS – Neil Stringer at Forge Creek
- TOPSOILS – Matt Jenkins at Johnsville
- TOPSOILS – Jen Smith at Tambo Crossing
- TOPSOILS – Rob Wilson at Tambo Crossing
- TOPSOILS – Craig Lloyd at Reedy Flat
- TOPSOILS – David Read at Bengworden
- TOPSOILS – Robyn Williams at Bengworden