Two Graduate Research Agronomist Positions available 1xVictoria, 1xTasmania
Come join our team at Southern Farming Systems!
SFS has two Graduate Research Agronomist positions available, one in Inverleigh, South West Victoria and the other in Longford, Tasmania.
Southern Farming Systems (SFS) is seeking a Graduate Research Agronomist to join its Victorian & Tasmanian teams. The purpose of the role is to assist the Research & Extension Coordinator- Cropping, and the Senior Trials Officer with planning and implementation of trials and projects. The role involves progressing trials, learning and applying inputs, liaising with Senior R&E staff, recommending, and applying general crop inputs, and liaising with external clients/project managers.
- Support the delivery of relevant research project deliverables to achieve project objectives.
- Guided by the Senior Trials Officer and R&E Coordinator-Cropping assist with trial operations including sowing, spraying, crop management in the growing season and harvesting and operation of state-of-the-art machinery associated with these activities.
- Conduct all trial specific treatments/applications and undertake assessments for allocated trials and projects.
- Maintaining accurate record keeping of all operational tasks
- Statistical analysis and reporting of trial results
- Assist with writing and/or research of articles and other communications
- Active involvement in extension activities including field days, grower workshops and discussion groups and trial results days
Skills and experience
- A willingness to work across a varied and interesting range of job activities
- Well-developed oral and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and develop new skills as part of a team
This position is ideally suited to a recent graduate of an agronomy, agriculture, or closely related qualification however, evidence of practical on-farm experience will be equally well regarded.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV (with referees) in your application, by 31 May 2022 to email@example.com
Any questions or further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 5265 1666