Position Available : Manager – Operations
Southern Farming Systems (SFS) is seeking a Manager – Operations to join its Victorian team, based in Inverleigh, Victoria. The role will ensure all agricultural and maintenance operations across the organisation are planned and carried out in a timely and efficient manner to enable crop, pasture, soil and livestock research trials to be conducted professionally and outcomes delivered on-time, within budget, and safely.
• Management of R&E Coordinators (Soils Pasture & Livestock, Cropping) and Senior Trials Operators across SFS
• Oversight and recruitment of staff involved in operations and R&E activities including seasonal casuals
• OH&S for all staff
• Use and maintenance of SFS machinery and equipment
• Maintain asset register
• Inventory of production inputs and harvested materials
• Acquisition and operation of leased SFS trial sites and facilities
Skills and experience
• Ability to plan, monitor and oversee management of a breadth of agriculture operations in mixed farming systems
• Experience with on-farm/research projects and trials
• Operational logistics and OH&S
• Team management, mentoring and motivation
This position is ideally suited to an experienced or aspiring corporate farm manager with related qualifications or evidence of practical on-farm experience.