Join the Team! Research and Extension Officer – Tasmania
Southern Farming Systems (SFS) is seeking a Research and Extension Officer to join its Tasmanian team, based in Longford, Tasmania. The opportunity is open to full-time, part-time, casual or contract arrangements, with graduate through to senior applications considered. The role will be tailored to suit the successful applicant. The purpose of the role is to assist with the delivery, planning and implementation of projects and trials. We currently have a variety of projects and in field trials ranging in technical requirements. The role will share in these, progressing projects and trials, liaise with external clients and internal staff. SFS offers experience in projects and trials across a broad range of mixed farming systems areas with a focus on Cropping, Soils, Pasture and Livestock.
- Assist with trial operations including sowing, spraying, crop and pasture management in the growing season and harvesting and operation of state-of-the-art machinery associated with these activities.
- Conduct trial specific treatments/applications and undertake assessments for allocated projects and trials.
- Support the delivery of relevant research project deliverables to achieve project objectives.
- Maintaining accurate record keeping
- Statistical analysis and reporting of trial results, writing and/or research of articles and other communications.
- Active involvement in extension activities including field days, grower workshops and discussion groups and trial results days.
Skills and experience
- An understanding or willingness to develop skills and knowledge in agriculture related projects and agriculture (trials) operations.
- Well-developed oral and written skills.
- Australian driver’s licence.
This position is ideally suited to a graduate of an agriculture or related qualification however, evidence of practical experience will be equally well regarded.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV (with referees) in your application to email@example.com