Casual Staff Wanted for Sowing 2023!
SFS South West Victoria are looking for casual staff, to start immediately.
Casuals are needed to help over the sowing period in South West Victoria. Ideally, applicants should have an agricultural background. Main duties will be to assist SFS staff with sowing and soil testing of research trials. Casuals will be guided by and work alongside SFS Staff and independently. Hours will be flexible however work will be provided throughout.
The duties will involve:
- Treating of trial seed with appropriate protectants (with supervision).
- Weighing and packaging of seed for trial purposes.
- Managing the seed in an orderly and logical way.
- Record keeping and electronic data entry.
- Assisting with the sowing of research trials with our plot seeder in various locations across the South West of Victoria.
- Assisting with taking soil samples with our soil testing rig.
- Keeping workspaces clean and tidy.
Applicants will be expected to follow all SFS OH&S procedures including correct use of PPE and safe handling techniques. Have a high attention for detail. Occasional overnight stay needed. A current driver’s license is required.
Check out our sowing operations video…
Southern Farming Systems are a non-profit grower group with over 600 members and partners across Southern Australia. SFS conduct grower-driven, independent research centered around the High Rainfall Zones of Victoria and Tasmania.
The casual role will be working with SFS Research Officers and is a great opportunity to sink your teeth into basic agronomy, and to make connections in the Agricultural Industry.
Southern Farming Systems
A: 23 High St, Inverleigh, VIC 3321
Download Position Description here…